Celebrity stylist Davy Newkirk used Alterna Professional Haircare to create Jessica Biel's red carpet hairstyle for the 2012 Golden Globe awards. Her lux boho waves were a beautiful compliment to her stunning Elie Saab gown.
Overall Inspiration: “We wanted Jessica’s hair to compliment the ‘bohemian luxury’ feel of her dress. I loved the idea of natural cascading waves against the backdrop of the dress’ backless silhouette. The overall look evokes a relaxed vibe while still remaining polished and sophisticated.”
Hair—Prep: “Jessica has a great head of hair, the texture is fine but she has a ton of it! I added extra volume and lift at the roots while maintaining the feather light feel.“
· Apply Alterna Bamboo Volume Weightless Whipped Mousse all over damp hair, and Alterna Bamboo Volume Uplifting Root Blast to the roots. Blow dry using a large round brush, this smoothes the cuticle to ensure a polished result.
· When hair is 95% dry give strands texture and wave with Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Touseled Texture Mist and then finish with a rough dry using your fingers.
Hair—Style: “While creating Jessica’s waves my goal was to keep the look youthful and modern.”
· Divide hair into 1” sections and create waves using a 1¼” curling iron. Alternate between wrapping and clamping sections to maintain the organic movement to the look.
· Apply Alterna Bamboo Style Moldable Texture Paste to hands and using your fingers comb through the curls, tousling the strands as you go.
· Mist hair with Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hair Spray, the flexible hold formula will set the style, add healthy shine and lock out frizz.
· Smooth pieces around the face with Alterna Bamboo Style Moldable Texture Paste.