Ciara stole the red carpet show at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards wearing a slinky metallic gown by Philipp Plein. Not to be missed was the generous amount of side boob her dress revealed.
Yolanda Frederick-Thompson, celebrity makeup artist, created a beautiful, radiant bronze makeup look to complement the many gorgeous outfit changes while co-hosting the 2016 Billboard Music Awards this evening. Frederick-Thompson shared that Ciara’s “multiple cutting edge hairstyles and wardrobe choices inspired the look. We planned in advance to create a makeup look that would look gorgeous with all of her wardrobe changes throughout the evening.”
· To prep the skin, Frederick-Thompson cleansed the skin with Estee Lauder Take It Away Makeup Remover Towlettes ($20).
· Then, she used RèVive Skincare Moisturizing Renewal Eye Cream ($150) to hydrate the eye area.
· To create a glowing base, Frederick-Thompson applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance Bronze ($36) to give the skin a supple and radiant quality needed for a smooth and flawless makeup application.
· Next, she applied a thin layer of Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Chai ($48) to even out her complexion.
· To highlight the t-zone and to keep Ciara’s skin looking flawless, she used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-4 ($35).
· After that, Frederick-Thompson lightly contoured the forehead, nose and cheekbones using Laura Mercier Flawless Contouring Palette ($50), followed by an application of MAC Sheer Select Loose Powder in Peach ($26).
· To further perfect the foundation, she applied Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder ($38).
· To give the face a natural pop of color, she placed Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Canyon ($26) on the apples of her cheeks.
· Frederick-Thompson then warmed the perimeter of Ciara’s face with Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in Seduction ($44).
· Finally, she dusted a bit of Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Face Makeup Powder in Candlelight ($35) onto Ciara’s cheekbones to create a beautiful, radiant glow.
· Frederick-Thompson began by shaping and defining Ciara’s brows with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette ($24).
· Next, she applied the base of the eyelids with Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Layin’ Low ($22).
· To give the shadow more depth and intensify the color, Frederick-Thompson then contoured the outer corners of the lip, crease and entire lash line with Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Tuxedo ($29).
· She continued by layering the eyelids by using the pewter-toned eyeshadow Rock from Laura Mercier Extreme Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette ($58).
· Frederick-Thompson then highlighted Ciara’s brow bone with a warm vanilla shadow, Dust, also from Laura Mercier Extreme Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette ($58).
· For that extra sparkle, she dotted the inside corners of her eyes with Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Moonlight ($29).
· She finished off the eyes with three total coats of Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils in black ($32), to make Ciara’s eyes pop off the screen.
· To create a gorgeous nude lip color, Frederick-Thompson lined and contoured the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Chestnut ($24).
· Then, she lightly filled in the lips with Laura Mercier Velour Lover’s Lip Colour in Embrace ($28).
· She finished the beautiful lip look by highlighting the center of her lips using Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Brigitte ($28).