Purple lips aren’t exactly what you would consider a “classic” makeup look, like red lips for example. For most, the look of purple lips are reminiscent of someone stuck in a deep freeze, however, they are suddenly quite the trend and are probably here to stay. The key to wearing purple lipstick without looking foolish, is to keep the the rest of your makeup mild, classic and minimal.
One look at Joan Smalls at the 2014 Met Gala, and it’s quite obvious that this supermodel knows a thing or two about perfect pairings—purple lips paired with classic bronzy makeup equal a winning red carpet look. Add in a cascading fishtail braid and you too can look like a supermodel on a Friday night. (If you believe it, you can achieve it-re: supermodel.)
1. Marc Jacobs LoveMarc Lip Gel in Little Pretty $30
2. YSL Rouge Pour Couture Glossy Stain in Violet $35
3. IMAN Luxury Lipstick in Taboo $10
4. Dolce & Gabbana Classic Jewels Collection in Ametista$36
5. Make Up For Ever Rouge Intense Color 14 $20