INSTYLER, the leader in hair tool innovation, has tapped Emmy-Nominated Celebrity Hairstylist and INSTYLER Global Artist Dean Banowetz to help you celebrate the holidays in style!
Banowetz shares his favorite on-trend holiday hair look – the Mistletoe Top Knot – that can easily be recreated at-home with the brand’s best-selling MAX 2-Way Rotating Iron. This multi-purpose hair tool straightens, polishes and styles hair perfectly every time with a combination of a two way rotating barrel, tourmaline ceramic smoothing plate, ionic bristles and more! Turn heads this season at any holiday gathering – from a swanky office party to an intimate family gathering with INSTYLER!
“Each style can be customized to what each woman wants to help them look and feel their best,” says Banowetz. “I love accenting a style with unexpected, easy-to-find items, such as weaving in a piece of fabric to compliment your outfit or strands of tinsel for a festive look!”
MISTLETOE TOP KNOT
LOS ANGELES, CA – MARCH 12: Actress Taraji P. Henson arrives at Fox’s “Empire” ATAS Academy Event at The Theatre at The Ace Hotel on March 12, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Angela Weiss/Getty Images)
This look inspired by Actress Taraji P. Henson is perfect for day-to-night festivities or to get the most out of a second day style:
- Prep hair with the MAX 2-Way Rotating Iron by smoothing and straightening from roots to ends.
- Pull hair into a half-up half-down ponytail at the height you desire.
- Create a mid-tension braid and secure 2-3 inches from the ends of the hair with a clear hair elastic.
- Lightly tug the braid on each side to create volume and texture, pending how thick your hair is and how big of a braid you want.
- Wrap the braid around the base of the ponytail to form a bun and secure with an elastic and bobby pins for any stray hairs. *Dean’s tip: use matte bobby pins for extra grip!