Project Runway host Heidi Klum launched her first fragrance, Shine, last year and we are quite happy to have one to give away to a reader.
WWD reported on her fragrance launch last year:
In order to help her fans smell their best, Heidi Klum had to get a little moody when creating first signature fragrance, Shine. “There are different moods that as a fragrance creator you can travel to,” Klum tells WWD. “But for my first one, I wanted what I felt my staple would be. I wanted it to be sensual and feminine, but still luxurious and expensive-smelling — because I think there are so many perfumes out there that smell cheap and too sweet.” Klum, who’s created a style empire for herself as a model, designer, television host and the artistic director of European cosmetics company Astor, worked with Aurélien Guichard, Jean Guichard and Olivier Pescheux of Givaudan to create her floral fragrance.
The perfume boasts notes of mandarin, pear and pink peppercorn; a heart of mimosa absolute, lily of the valley and sunflower; and a drydown of vanilla, Venezuelian tonka bean and musk cosmone. The fragrance — which comes in a bottle surrounded by light-reflecting rings that emulate waves — arrives in department stores in September, with prices starting at $17. And while Klum may have been a stickler when it came to creating her signature scent, she was okay with the ads being a little less than perfect. “You can sell a dream, and you can sell a lifestyle that a woman aspires to have, but you can’t completely trick her,” Klum says. “If people retouch me too much, I get upset — yes, you can help me out a little here and there, but don’t go overboard. I have one tooth that’s longer than another, and if you look at the [Shine] ad my snaggletooth is coming out a little bit — but I like that.”
So here’s how you can 'Win It!':
1. Follow Blinging Beauty on Twitter.Click here.
2. Follow Blinging Beauty on FaceBook. Click here.
3. Follow Blinging Beauty on Networked Blogs. Click Here.
4. "Like" the Blinging Beauty Fanpage. Click here.
5. Register on Blinging Beauty. Click here.
6. Leave a comment below telling us why you NEED RapidLash!
7. Contest will run through February 1, 2012.
8. Extra entries for tweeting!
9. Must be a resident of the Continental U.S. (sorry international readers, stay tuned for a contest you can enter!)
If you've won a contest in the last 90 days, you're not eligible for this one, but we appreciate the tweets!