Posted on March 9, 2012 By Tracey Brown 5 Bling Reviews, Beauty, Beauty Product Reviews, Philosophy, Skin Care Reviews, Skin Care Treatment Reviews, The Skinny, What I'm Loving Now, What I'm Trying Now, What I'm Trying Now—Skin Care
I'm not a morning person. As a matter of fact, IMHO the best thing about morning is the sound of coffee beans grinding and the resulting aroma wafting from the kitchen as my favorite (morning) beverage brews.
However, as of late, there is one more good thing about morning in my book—Philosophy Miracle Worker™ A.M. Duo. As a 54 year-old woman with brown skin, my primary quest in the skin care department is the search for products that promote radiance and clarity.
Additionally, I do not want the force of gravity working its mojo on my face and neck. So, my arsenal of dream creams and potent lotions are always chock-full of ingredients that promise to brighten, increase radiance and luminosity, even skin color and texture, and basically cut half the years off of the chronological age of my face. The products that actually live up to their promises are few and far between…
However, Philosophy Miracle Worker™ A.M. Duo makes good on its promises. So, despite my perpetual morning angst, I always welcome using these little discs of skincare heaven. As a matter of fact, the jar even welcomes me before I open it. It says, "good morning, sunshine." (Obviously they were speaking to the other 99% of the population who uses Miracle Worker A.M.)
Here is the info about Philosophy Miracle Worker™ A.M.:
What it is:
A set of concentrated treatment pads with antiaging and antioxidant properties.
What it is formulated to do:
Philosophy says, "Here's the story, morning glory." Every day is a fresh start, so let it be a fresh start for your skin. Topical antioxidants are part of the gold standard of daytime skincare. Each pad is your skin's daily multivitamin, providing triple-action antioxidants to protect against environmental attack while improving luminosity for youthful-looking skin. Say "hello" to every new day looking radiant, feeling miraculous and ready to be a bright light to the world.
This set contains:
– 1.7 oz Miraculous Anti-Aging Antioxidant Solution
– 60 Miraculous Anti-Aging Antioxidant Pads
What else you need to know:
Philosophy's Miracle Worker products feature a next-generation, high-performance retinol ingredient that diminishes the appearance of deep wrinkles like a retinoid, but with less potential for irritation. They also include HPA, a triple-action antioxidant that guards against environmental attack while helping to minimize the appearance of visible signs of aging. The formula also features a revolutionary peptide that helps improve past skin damage while promoting clarity and smoothness.
I interviewed Jeff Cornett, a trainer with Philosophy about this product last year! Please watch the video for more information:
1. Philosophy Miracle Worker™ A.M. Duo had me hook, line and sinker from the get-go with the DIY aspect of this dynamic duo. Pouring the Miraculous Anti-Aging Antioxidant Solution over the Miraculous Anti-Aging Antioxidant Pads made me feel like I was creating my own special skin care science project. (I do know that keeping the two products separate was for their own integrity, but it still has a fun quotient factored in).
2. I love the texture of the pads. Not only do they deposit antioxidants and peptides, but they feel ever-so slightly like they are exfoliating too. Love that.
3. So easy to use. Just pick one pad out of the jar and rub it on your face, neck, decollete, back of your hands and you are done. The resulting feel is velvety, leaving the skin feeling like it's been freshly polished.
4. I happen to frown, probably because there is such a thing called morning. The problem is that I had this furrow in the middle of my brows. It wasan't huge, but it had gotten to the point where I could feel the indentation. After about a month of using my Miraculous Anti-Aging Antioxidant Pads, I found that the little line in my forehead that caused me so much frustration, was significantly reduced and flattened. Big props to Miracle Worker A.M for that!
5. My skin is so smooth and luminous without makeup and artificial luminizers.
Pro: Great ingredients, easy to use, works
Price: $58 (that's less than a buck per treatment!)
Buy Again: Yes
Packaging: 5 Blings — Smart, eco-friendly and efficient
Overall: 5 Blings