What’s in your wallet makeup case? Too much no doubt. I’m guilty of having about 20 lipsticks and lipglosses in my makeup bag at any given time, and consciously I know I really don’t need that many. One lipstick and one lipgloss are plenty. And I have a ton of other stuff in there that I just MIGHT need, but I know I really don’t.
But there are a few things that are necessary for each and every one of us to have in our personal makeup arsenal at any given moment. Here are my top 5 makeup bag necessities:
1. A luscious lipgloss that enhances your own natural lip color. I love Revlon Lustrous Lipgloss in Life’s a Peach. Stock up when it’s a buy one get one free!
2. A concealer. With a concealer you can touch up not only under eye circles, but any other place on your face that may need a bit of coverage. And it’s a lot smaller to pop a concealer in your makeup case than a bottle of foundation. Try Lorac Double Feature. I love double-duty products, and Double Feature has your stick concealer on one end and a beautiful highlighter on the other. I have two at all times. I love it.
3. A bright pretty blush. No other product picks up your face like a pop of color. At the end of the day when you are just blah, and still have a meeting, or cocktails with a client, pop some color on your cheeks for instant life. A rosy pink or berry is ideal as it emulates a natural flush. I love Laura Mercier Second Skin Blush in Rose Bloom, a matte tawny rose.
4. A colorful eye liner. No black eye liner. When you need a pick-me-up, try a metallic blue, bronze or green to brighten up your eyes. I’m such a fan of Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencils. You may think they are for your daughter (and they are). But guess what? Mom can look hot too with these gorgeous colors that glide on and give your eyes shimmery definition.
5. A touch up powder. Not a cakey pressed powder, but a powder that obliterates shine and leaves your skin fresh. Try Clinique Sheer Matte Pressed powder.
And of course you need a cute case to hold everything. How many times have you spilled in your makeup case and regretted that you overspent for it in the first place? Well, here’s a tip. Check out the cute pencil cases in the school supplies. I have gotten superior quality makeup cases for my purse for under $2.