It’s probably the first beauty product that made you feel grown up — lip balm. And even now that you’re all grown up, you still need the luxury of a lip balm in your beauty arsenal.
If you are a DIY girl, we have the perfect recipe for you for a tinted lip balm. We swiped this recipe from Wellness Mama and we love it. It’s the perfect project for a Spa(ahhh) Day Sunday with the kids or to just take your mind off the small stuff!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pastilles (or 2 Tablespoons if making in lip chap containers)
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
- This base recipe will fill about 6 small tins or about 10 plastic lip chap containers.
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax and shea/cocoa butter in a glass jar sitting in a small pot of simmering water (not boiling) and stir gently until melted (be careful not to get any water into the mixture).
- When melted, carefully stir in any colors or essential oils, if using. My favorite is lemon and vanilla for scent and a little red coloring or cocoa powder for color. A couple drops of peppermint will make it similar to Burt’s Bees Lip Chap.
- Once colors/scents are mixed in, use a dropper to transfer to tins or lip chap containers. Let cool.
- Apply the versions in the tins with your finger or use the version in plastic container as you would regular lip chap.
For just a hint of color and a whole lot of conditioning. The Botanical Waxes in these softly tinted balms will take your lips to lovely in one pretty swipe. They come in a range of 9 naturally flattering shades, 4 of which are new! Blush Orchid, Caramel Daisy, Petunia and Sweet Violet.
• Adds a hint of natural color
• Nourishes with Shea Butter and Botanical Waxes
• Available in 9 sheer, wearable every day shades