Spa(ahhh) Day Sunday: DIY Pumpkin Body Scrub or Try Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
You may have some pumpkin left over or sitting around from decorations, so why not put them to good use and make a DIY Pumpkin Body Scrub?
Pumpkin is great for your skin because when used in beauty products, pumpkin helps alleviate dry skin and makes it softer because of the natural enzymes it contains. It is also a great source of Vitamin A which is a major vitamin for skin health. It also has Vitamin C, which can heal damage caused by free radicals in the body.
DIY Pumpkin Body Scrub:
To make your delicious pumpkin body scrub, you’ll need some of the following :
- A pinch of the following: ground ginger, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- Half a cup of pumpkin purée (you can use the canned variety).
- One cup of brown sugar.
- Half a cup of olive oil.
- Take all the ingredients and mix them together so that the blend is smooth.
- Gently apply it to your clean skin and massage it over your body so that it will boost circulation and exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Pay special attention to any areas of your body where you have lots of dry skin, such as your heels, elbows and knees.
- After a few minutes of scrubbing, wash the mixture off with some warm water.
- Apply some of your favorite body lotion so that you seal in moisture. Remember the olive oil will already have got to work, smoothing your skin and keeping it hydrated.
There you go! Smoother and more nourished skin with the use of simple ingredients. This is definitely a scrub you’ll want to use all year round.
Now if you are lazy girl (like me) you can buy your pumpkin body scrub, all mixed and ready to use. I recommend Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.
About Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment:
What it is formulated to do:
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment makes your skin radiant and smooth all over. Its naturally effective complex of ingredients delivers a bevy of benefits. Papaya and pumpkin enzymes digest dead skin cells and gentle beads buff them away. Glycolic and lactic acids polish and refine, while rich emollients leave skin supple. Caffeine stimulates skin, helping to tighten and firm, as bergamot and lavender oils combine for a soothing scent.
What else you need to know:
ExfoliKate® Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment suits all skin types except sensitive skin.
Gently apply an even layer to clean, wet skin using circular motions.
Best when used in the shower, as steam will activate the enzymes.
Leave on up to two minutes.
Wash off with warm water.
Use one to two times weekly.
Pat skin dry and follow with Kate Somerville Goat Milk Lotion.
Use only on the body?do not apply to face.
Discontinue use if irritation or sensitivity occurs and persists.