Don’t get caught in a #SandalScandal! With the weather warming up, it’s time to whip our feet into summer-ready shape! Skyy Hadley has the perfect at-home recipe to give your feet a relaxing experience while soothing and exfoliating the skin for super soft results! Check out these helpful tips that are perfect for your Spa(ahhh) Day Sunday.
Skyy Hadley’s Recipe for a Light Cucumber Shell Mask:
- Start with 2 whole cucumbers (one per foot), 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil; mix in a blender until pureed.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and heat it up to warm temperature.
- Place half of the mixture in a large Ziploc baggie and half in a second baggie.
- Slide feet right into each baggie, rubbing cucumber mask until each foot is fully soaked.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- The cucumber is extra refreshing and reviving for tired toes, the lemon helps exfoliate and the olive oil deeply moisturizes for super softness.
After feet are treated with cucumber mask, rinse, moisturize with a non-greasy lotion, and begin painting.
- Shea Butter, light oil, or Vaseline can be used to moisturize the heels and help prevent cracking.
- If you have blisters, leave them for the professionals (you’ll end up doing more harm than good if you try to pop them).
Ensure long-lasting color and shine…
- A clear top coat is your best friend. Be sure to apply a top coat on the third day of your pedicure (or manicure)
- Never use a protein enriched and strengthener product together. Using both will cause your polish to crack. Try to only apply a nail protein to bare nails
- Apply a cuticle oil to the base of your toenails (or even when they are already polished), focusing around the cuticle area to hydrate and bring moisture into the skin, helping the polish last longer.
How often to get a pedicure…
- You can never care for your feet too often, but it isn’t necessary for weekly pedicures either. Once every 2 weeks is sufficient during the warmer months.
What it is:
A refreshing, cooling, moisturizing, and calming gel that helps soothe dry, irritated skin.
What it is formulated to do:
This ultra-gentle gel helps soothe, hydrate, and detoxify dry skin with botanical extracts of cucumber, papaya, chamomile, pineapple, sugar maple, sugarcane, orange, lemon, bilberry, and aloe.
Here’s to pretty feet! No #SandalScandal!