It’s no secret that I fight the frizz. My hair is uber curly and the frizz factor with it can get way out of control. For that reason, I have been a fan of hair serums for quite some time. Whether I’m attempting to wear my hair in a smooth, sleek style, or I am letting it go wild and loose, hair serum is a must-have hair product.
Speaking of hair serums, I was recently sent White Sands Orchids Oil to review and I rather fell in love with this product.
Here are the details for White Sands Orchids Oil:
This Orchid oil extract restores moisture, shine, elasticity and softness to hair that has become damaged from chemical treatments, and thermal stress. White Sands’ interest in Orchids for hair is inspired from studies that have shown the orchid’s mysterious capacity for longevity, beauty, and its versatility to adjust to different environments with vibrant color. Orchid oil is very light-weight, unlike most other oils it does not affect the hairs ability to perform when styling.
1. Upon opening the glass bottle of Orchid oil, I was immediately taken by the fragrance—it was light and floral but not overbearing.
2. I am huge on reading ingredient labels. The ingredients in Orchid Oil are:
Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, (Bulbophyllum Sp.), Fragrance (orchids).
Silicone products do smooth the hair, as does Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (derivative of coconut oil), so White Sands Orchids Oil fulfilled its claim to moisturize my hair.
3. I love double-duty products, and Orchids Oil fits that category as it can be used on wet or dry hair.
The directions on the label say: “After shampooing and conditioning, use a small amount (size of a quarter) in the palm of your hand and work through damp hair. style as usual. Or, use on dry hair to defrizz, condition, and create shine.”
4. If you are using this serum in conjunction with heat styling, it totally obliterates that burned hair smell!
5. I also love the glass bottle—it’s recyclable and looks lovely on my beauty table!
Pro: Adds shine, a small drop does the job, beautiful fragrance
Con: A little heavy
Buy Again: Maybe…I am a fan of products that penetrate the hair, rather than coat it like silicone products do.
Packaging: 5 Blings—Elegant, glass, plus a stopper for the top so you do not lose product
Overall: 4 Blings