I don't wear eyeshadow on the regular. Call me lazy, but a little concealer, eye primer, eyeliner and mascara and that's my typical eye makeup look. (of course my eyebrows are meticulously done…) However, when I want to get my sexy swagger in full effect, I defer to the ever-popular smoky eye.
There are a gazillion and one ways to achieve —just google it. But for novices who want to learn how to create a traditional smoky eye using quality shadows with step-by-step instructions, Too Faced Smoky Eye Shadow Collection is the way to go. I am already a fan of the Too Faced Shadow Collections—The Natural Eye Collection is well-used palette for brides.
Here are the deets on Too Faced Smoky Eye Collection:
What It Is:
A smokey eye is the most requested makeup look by women seeking a smoldering, sexy style. We reintroduce this popular collection with a slimmer package and new, color-saturated formulas. Created for this deeply blendedtechnique, our wearable shades add a modern drama to all eye shapes.
This set contains:
– 3 x 0.07 oz Eye Shadows in Firefly (silvery taupe), White Lie (sugar white), In A Flash (silver shimmer)
– 6 x 0.03 oz Eye Shadows in Cloves (bronzy brown), Nice Ash (charcoal), Smoking Jacket (black plum), Up In Smoke (black brown), Smokin Hot (matte black), Smolder (matte navy)
More To Love:
Smokin’ Hot Effect: A collection of nine, complimentary shades are the perfect palette of wearable, smokey eye options for day to night, and every memorable moment in between.
Fired-Up Formulas: Pigment-rich, high-performing shadows offer an essential range of hues and textures from velvety mattes to silky shimmers.
How-To Cards: Our signature, how-to lesson cards offer step-by-step application instructions for creating smokey eyes in minutes.
1. Incredible quality eyeshadow. Matte, shimmer and ultra shiny silver shadows that a pigment potent. Honestly, a touch goes a very long way, even on brown skin.
2. Long wearing. I wore these shadows all night and they lasted. And lasted. Pretty much because I didn't wash my face before I went to bed, but you get the point.
3. LOTS of product. Where on earth can you get nine shadows, all beautifully housed in one kit for $36? That means you are paying budget prices for a quality product. Love that.
4. They blend like crazy. I went a little nuts experimenting. I mixed blue and purple, black and grey, silver and black (Long Live the Raiders) and on and on. And as you can see, the results were quite gorgeous, if I must say so myself.
5. Handy tutorial cards. I didn't use them, but they are perfect for the novice or the aspiring makeup artist.
Pro: Quality shadow, price, long-wearing, blendable, buildable, instructions included
Buy again: Yes
Packaging: 4 Blings–Convenient palette, a mirror would make it perfect
Overall: 5 Blings–The price and quality override the minor glitch of no mirror. I need a magnifying mirror anyway…