I am absolutely obsessed with eye creams. At any given moment throughout the day, you can probably spot me dabbing something around my eyes, and most recently that has been Relastin Eye Silk. (I don’t tend to use products as recommended) If everything else on my face falls apart, I will have smooth tight eyes til the day my expire.
I generally look for specific ingredients in skin care products that I use personally — like antioxidants, vitamins, peptides, etc. The ingredient that is Relastin depends on for results in zinc. Now, I know having a proper amount of zinc in one’s diet or as a supplement is necessary for proper skin function. However, prior to using Relastin, I wasn’t aware of the benefits of zinc used topically other than preventing diaper rash and as a sunblock. Yes, I slathered three baby’s bottoms in zinc oxide…
So here is the claim for Relastin Eye Slik:
Relastin Eye Silk works wonders on the delicate area around your eyes. It gently:
- makes skin visibly firmer
- reduces the appearance of crow’s feet, fine lines and wrinkles
- works to diminish the appearance of dark under eye circles and puffiness around your eyes
- makes skin feel smoother
- Unlike other eye creams, Eye Silk is a soft, smooth eye treatment gel specially formulated to be gentle enough for the delicate area around your eyes. Its silky characteristics also make it the perfect primer for eye makeup. The Zinc Firming Complex™ in all Relastin products penetrates your skin’s upper layers to reach the dermis, where it helps your body to produce more elastin, the connective protein that makes skin spring back and become smooth again after you laugh or smile.
Eye Silk Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Complex, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.
- Love the texture — Dimethicone makes the Eye Silk feel truly silky
- My eyes feel moist for hours (no need to re-apply, even though I am OCD about it myself…)
- Dark Circles diminished
- Eye area feels firm. (Although I don’t know if that is the Relastin or because I have been diligent about using eye cream for so long…)
I also love that the bottle lasts a very long time. I have used my religiously for 3 months and it is just nearing the end.
I give Relastin a very high 4 blings! [flash http://blingingbeauty.com/4teeth.swf w=100 h=50]
Relastin Eye Silk retails for $69 and can be purchased on their website relastin.com
I was given this product for review.