I don’t wear foundation often, but when I do, I prefer a formula that is lightweight and leaves my skin looking fresh and radiant. For me, matte finish foundation and heavy coverage is not complementary to my fifty-something skin. So, I am a fan of liquid foundations, tinted moisturizers and BB or CC creams, with the common denominator being a moisturizing formula and dewy finish.
And, finding foundations that work for my brown skin can be difficult, but some brands have always worked for me. One of those is Smashbox Cosmetics. I was recently sent Smashbox new Halo liquid HD Foundation SPF 15 to try out and I was pleasantly surprised with my results.
Here are the details about Smashbox Halo HD Foundation SPF 15:
What it does:
Makeup, reimagined: this foundation utilizes 100 percent Liquid Light Technology for a totally natural, radiant finish. The microscopic, gel-covered pigments mimic photo filters to blur imperfections. This HD formula completely evens out skin, but is undetectable to the naked eye. This oil-free foundation works with all undertones and builds from sheer to medium coverage.
Other reasons why I love this foundation:
- The pump bottle dispenses just enough product.
- The color match was spot on. I often find it difficult to match my golden brown skin, but not so with Smashbox Halo HD foundation.
- The texture is lightweight, yet it covers without looking like I’m wearing makeup. Like I said, gorgeous.
- I like that on my trouble spots–hyperpigmented areas under my chin–I just dabbed a tad bit more foundation, and bam, spots are covered. So this foundation is totally buildable. Love that too.
- It has SPF 15.
- This is a side note, but I can always depend on the consistency of the complexion products in the Smashbox line. If I wear a medium dark in one product, I wear a medium dark in another product. I love that. It makes product selection simple.
- The foundation lasted for hours without fading or streaking. Nor did I feel like I wanted to scrub this foundation off after eight hours of wear. My skin looked and felt great.
Pro: Covers without looking heavy, color match for brown skin, luminous finish
Buy Again: Yes
Packaging: 5 Blings — love the luxe glass bottle with pump
Overall: 5 Blings