I’m not exactly a die-hard b, but recently, I have been through a ton of products to assist in retaining shine and moisture in my hair. One of my favorite things to use is coconut oil. I have tried a handful of coconut oils, and by far my favorite is VMV Hypoallergenics Know-It-Oil—organic cold pressed coconut oil. I started using this coconut oil on my hair to keep frizz at bay and lock in moisture. It’s also great for locking moisture into skin.
Here are the details about VMV Hypoallergenics Know-It-Oil:
- Smarter than the average “care.” Panacea may be too strong a word, but only just.
- Clinically-validated, 100% USDA-certified organic virgin coconut oil.
- Cholesterol + trans fat-free.
- Cold-1st-pressed (meaning it’s as fresh-from-the-tree and unprocessed as possible – why our oil is so clear and aroma-free.
- Smart, comprehensive care:
- An incomparable moisturizer with fatty acids native to skin.
- Helps repair damage from environmental factors.
- Improves cell wall saturation. Abundant in medium-chain triglycerides + saturated fatty acids.
- Helps reduce inflammation + replace lost lipids.
- For all skin types, even extremely dry and/or medically-managed conditions.
- Non-greasy: soaks in quickly with no sticky afterfeel.
- Published clinical studies.
After washing, conditioning and putting a moisturizing cream on my hair, I separate my strands into sections and as I twist my hair, I put coconut on it from root to tip. This acts as a “barrier” between the environment and the moisture my hair was just infused with.
Notice how defined and shiny my curls are! I wore this style for four days straight using the aforementioned method. This coconut oil definitely made the difference. Prior to using it, the longest I could got was two days before I had re-do my hair.
I love the texture of VMV Hypoallergenics Know-It-Oil–it literally melted in my hands. It soaks right in my hair, and leaves no residue. I think I am going to have to try it for a moisturizing body oil next!
Pro: Effective, long lasting results.
Con: Pricey $10 for 50 ml
Buy again: YES! It’s worth every penny!
Packaging: I love the unique label! It looks rather scientific. 5 Blings
Overall: 5 Blings this oil is BOMB!