SHOW: Wes Gordon SS’15
To complement Wes Gordon’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection, Rita Remark for essie drew inspiration from the designer’s muted color palette. She created a sophisticated, yet effortlessly cool design that resembles linen against the skin for the hands. For the toes, she used sand tropez to polish off the look.
essie nail products used:
ridge filling base coat
first base base coat
cocktails & coconuts
good to go top coat
Get the look:
1. Apply ridge filling base coat to clean, filed nails.
2. Once the base coat dries, apply one coat of cocktails & coconuts, followed by one coat of imported bubbly to mimic the look of dewy skin.
3. Next, dip a striping brush into blanc and remove most of the polish in order to have maximum control, and to prevent pooling.
4. To create the linen pattern, add vertical stripes of blanc down the length of the nail, keeping the lines very thin and unevenly spaced.
5. Then, repeat the method above with horizontal blanc stripes across the nail.
6. Finish the design by adding a thin coat of allure to diffuse the brightness, followed by good to go top coat.
*Expert tip: use ridge filling base coat to prevent your polish from streaking