Hassan Pierre, Haitian-American designer, joined forces with Vapour Organic Beauty for Spring 2012 New York Fashion week. Presenting his new organic, sustainable line, WISB* (WAY IT SHOULD BE*), Parson's School of Design graduate, Pierre believes that clothing should be from sustainable and organic sources.
Featured in Vogue’s Syle Ethics section in May 2010, in which Kerry Washington modeled a cool, crisp black and white WISB* dress with a tiered skirt, Pierre's WISB* line is constructed of organic materials, non-synthetic dyes, recycled zippers and seeded paper for the hang tags.
Pierre's Spring/Summer 2012 line featured organic white and navy with punctuations of red and violet.
Anna Webber, Makeup Artist for Vapour Organic Beauty prepped and perfected the models before the show with a "90s inspired glam makeup, like Kevyn Aucoin. Hassan sent me inspiration pictures; one of Linda Evangelista with a contoured eye and a lined matte lip.
So we wanted to do something similar but fresher, so the line I'm using, Vapour Beauty, an organic beauty line, is all about glowy, beautiful, healthy skin. We wanted to focus on showing healthy skiin, not covering it up. So we did use a nude lip and a contoured eye but kept it fresher and lighter."
For Spring 2012, Hassan Pierre wanted the look to be early 90’s fresh face glamour with the radiant Vapour Organic Beauty collection. To Create the Look, Anna Webber used the following techniques:
- Cleanse and prepare with Clarity Cleansing Oil to calm and rebalance the skin
- Prime the skin with Stratus Instant Skin Perfector
- Perfect a complexion with Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation
- Spot correct imperfections with Illusionist Concealer
- Create a flush of color and contour cheeks with Aura Stain (Crave)
- Apply Mesmerize Eye Treatment (Ember and Storm) to the eyes starting at the lash line and blending into the crease for a defined outer corner of the eye
- Line the upper and lower lash lines with Mesmerize Eyeliner in Black
- Blend out the lower lash line using Mesmerize Eye Treatment (Storm)
- Highlight the inside corners of the eyes with Trick Stick (Star)
- Apply 2-3 coats of black mascara to curled lashes top and bottom
- Organic Lip Conditioner to soften and plump lips
- Apply lipstick in Naive to create a sophisticated, nude lip
Webber loves Vapour Beauty and personally used the brand before she started working with them. The one product she recommends for every women from the Vapour line is the Soft Focus Atmosphere Foundation. "I am personally obsessed with the Soft Focus Atmosphere Foundation. I use it everday because it just gives the feel of natural skin, like you don't have anything on."
For more information about Hassan Pierre and WISB* shouldbeapparel.com.
Credits: Photo of Kerry Washington courtesy of Beauty is Diverse
Photo of Hassan Pierre courtesy of My Aiyti