The nude lip trend is no longer a trend. It has evolved in to a classic — a staple in every woman’s makeup looks. And for good reason. A nude lip, whether from lipstick or gloss, is the ideal accessory for a smoky eye or perfect for those days when a less-is-more look is your choice. After years of wearing matte red lipstick, I finally became a fan of nude lipgloss, although I was quite late getting on the bandwagon. Today, I have at any give time, an arsenal of 5 minimum nude lippies in my to-g0 makeup bag.
In my humble opinion, Halle Berry is the quintessential “nude lip” beauty.
The beauty of nude lip colors is that they come in a variety of undertones; you can choose from peach nudes, pink nudes, beige nudes, brown nudes. Then of course, there are options of shimmer or no shimmer. There are nude glosses that are as dense as lipstick, but have the shine of a gloss. From budget to high-end, there is a nude gloss for everyone.
My top 5 Nude Gloss picks:
1. Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Provoke (beige sheen) $20
2. Vapour Organic Beauty Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss in Coax (shimmering soft tan) $22
Save 15% on Vapour Beauty this month, click here
3. NARS Lipgloss Supervixen (shimmering nude beige) $24
4. Black Opal Cosmetics Patent Lips Liquid Lipstick Nude Scene $6.75
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre $6.99