Are large pores driving you nuts? Worse, do you have enlarged pores? I can say yes to both.
First and foremost, pore size is determined by your DNA. Large pores typically are oily skin types. So not only do you have to deal with those big ole holes in your skin, but you have to control the oil that’s oozing out of them. So what do you do?
Well, I have learned a few tricks over the years to keep my oil under control and do keep my pores clean so that they APPEAR to be smaller. Then of course, there is the cosmetic side of things. Makeup that camouflages, even seemingly erases the appearance of large pores. Proper skin care is also important in insuring that pores are at their minimal best.
So, check out my suggestions for “poreless” skin.
Use the appropriate cleanser for oily skin or ones that formulated for large pores.
Budget: Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser 6.7 fl oz$7.99
Organic: Sophyto Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser $29.75
Weekly masks and daily topical treatments keep pores clean and clear.
Budget: Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips $7.99
2. Prestige: Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer $50
3. Organic: Aubrey Organics Amino Derm Gel Clear Skin Complex $7.95
3. Pore Minimizers
Pore minimizing products used prior to makeup application or in absence of makeup, smooth skin and give the illusion “poreless” skin.
1. Budget: L’Oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Skin Re-Smoother $19.99
2. Prestige: Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer $32
3. Organic: Korres Face Primer $28
Foundation and concealers that utilize technology and ingredients for hiding pores make pore perfection easily attainable.
Budget: Maybelline Dream Mousse Liquid Foundation $8.79
2. Prestige: Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation $44
3. Organic: Vapour Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation $38