I love convenience, particularly when it comes to my makeup. So, it’s no surprise that all-in-one makeup palettes are among my “favorite things.” What better way to get your sexy on after work on a Friday than to bump up your eyes and highlight cheekbones in one fell swoop? Just add lipgloss and you are good to go. That’s why Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette is our Friday Find of the week.
Here are deets for Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette:
What it is:
A limited-edition, colored clay eye and cheek palette for day to night looks.
What it does:
Inspired by the rain forest’s deep orchid hues at dusk, Tarte’s limited-edition eye and cheek palette has everything you need to create sultry and sophisticated day to night looks. Infused with colored clay, which naturally color-corrects as it supports oil control, this makeup provides longer wear and truer color payoff. This modern ingredient from the mountainous regions of Brazil brightens, evens, and soothes skin, while the velvety formula glides on and delivers rich color—without settling into fine lines and wrinkles.
This set contains:
– 0.14 oz Highlighter in Champagne
– 0.14 oz Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess™
– 0.21 oz Blush in Unleashed (nude rose)
– 6 x 0.035 oz eyeshadows in Bare to Explore (pink beige), Make a Mauve (plum mauve), Plum Away with Me (dark plum), Up to No Gold (gold), Tan-gled Up in You (tan), Don’t Turn A-Brown (dark brown)
– Step-by-Step Glamour Guide
Why we picked it:
This palette is all you need to take your makeup from day to night. With a gorgeous dark plum shadow you can go smokey and with a shimmery gold you can do a heavy metal look. Tarte blushes read true on all skin tones, a fact that I love since I am a brown girl. The highlighter and bronzer work for me as well, and as more shadow options.
1. Wearing are to Explore (pink beige) over entire lid.
2. Up to No Gold (gold) on lid to crease.
3. Don’t Turn A-Brown (dark brown) in crease with a touch of Plum Away with Me (dark plum) mixed in.
4. Highlighter in Champagne on brow bone.
Blush in Unleashed (nude rose) on apple of cheeks with Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess™ in cheek hollow.
I am also wearing tarte Colored Clay CC Primer, Amazonian Clay Full coverage Airbrush Foundation, Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel, CC Colored Clay Eye Primer, Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara, and Amused Natural Lip Stain, using tarte brushes.
Check me out below:
Pro: Value, great colors, long-wearing color, convenience, large mirror
Buy Again: Yes
Packaging: 5 Blings — pretty packaging and useful design of palette
Overall: 5 Blings
Hero Ingredient: Colored clay
Cruelty Free: Yes