It’s Friday! How are you going to get your fierce on? I have been inspired by Alicia Keys beautiful, classy and hot look at the AMA’s. On the red carpet and while delivering her rocking performance, Alicia looked fabulous. More than I can say about some other performers….
Alicia Keys Red Carpet 2009 AMA’s Getty Images
Alicia is head to toe in blue with an emphasis on the blinging blue Armani Prive’ dress. And just when you thougt it was a fashion faux pas to match your purse to your shoes to your dress to your makeup, Alicia does it and proves all us naysayers dead wrong.
Let’s check out the makeup:
Alicia Keys 2009 AMA’s Getty Images
I love the restraint used on this beautiful makeup. Alicia’s makeup artist let all focus be on her eyes with use of a pop of hot blue on her eyelids. Follow these steps to get your blue on like Alicia! Notice that Alicia’s makeup is soft and matte with just a hint of pink on her cheeks. Lips are sot with and pink as well.
1. Use a matte foundation that leaves the hint of skin. Try NARS Sheer Matte Foundation. It controls oil, even discoloration and leaves a radiant finish.
2. Blush up! Try Make Up For Ever blush in Dusty Pink 12. a warm matte pink.
3. Eyes: Start with a nude matte tan over entire lid. Then add Urban Decay Adore (electric blue) Eye Shadow to the crease and blend.
Urban Decay Adore Eye Shadow
Line with your favorite waterproof black liner and add tons of mascara.
4. Lips are pretty in pink too. Try Clinique Butter Shine lipstick in Pink-a-boo. I love these lipsticks that moisturize and wear like lipstick but have a soft subtle shine. Perfect for getting the look of Alicia’s lips.
5. Try something new with your hair. I noticed that several celebs like Alicia had tighter to the head updo. I love the detail in Alicia’s upswept hair.
6. And if you can afford them, get these:
Alicia Keys shoes 2009 AMA’s Getty Images
It’s Fierce Friday!