Posted on December 4, 2009 By Tracey Brown Beauty, Beauty Advice, Bobbi Brown, Carol's Daughter, DuWop, Fierce Friday, Laura Mercier, M.A.C, Meagan Good, Palmer's, Physicians Formula, Smashbox, Top 5 Editor's Picks, Trends, Weekly Bling, YSL
Heavy Metal. I’m not talking head banging music, I’m talking banging style. Fuse your Friday fashion finesse with some metallic makeup and accessories for the fiercest Friday yet. It doesn’t matter if your metal of choice is gold or silver, there is a metallic look for you. From eyeliner to eyeshadow, mascara to lipgloss and blush to bronzer, there is a bit of “Metallica” for every fierce chick.
I love this look on Megan Good because it emphasizes everything “good” about her luscious looks. Her eyes, her lips, she is just oozing yumminess. Try these 5 steps to get your metal glow.
5 Steps to Maximize your Metallic Makeup know-how
1. Start with your overall complexion. Infuse a little glimmer with an illuminator that makes our skin look like heavenly. Try DuWop Doubleglow 7. Not only does this heavenly balm give you skin that lit-from-within glow, but contains 7 vitamins and nutrients that keep your skin in top shape! Available in bronze and luminous beige and can be worn under or over makeup. $25
Another alternative for best in “lighting” in Smashbox Artificial light. I love this illuminating lotion. Mix some into your foundation and you immediately have that look of being in the perfect light, no matter what the setting. Dab a bit more on the tops of cheekbones, the inner corner of your eyes and on the brow bone for extra oomph. Available in Pearl, Pink or Bronze. $24.
2. Make those cheekbones come to life. Use a neutral shimmery blush with a hint of color. Try M.A.C. ‘Mineralize Skinfinish’ Trio in Warm Blend ($27) or Physicians Forumla Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer in Waikiki Strip/Peach Glow ($11.95) Both impart a healthy bronzey glow.
Hint: If you are in a rush, take your blush brush and deposit the remainder of your “glow” on your eyelids. This simple step will help unify your look without going through the eyeshadow steps. Just line and add mascara!
3. Eye Drama. This is where the fun starts. There are so many metallic finish eyeshadows out there, you can literally play with any color on your eyelid. I think I need to have a bit of restraint in my vintage years, so I opt for the basic heavy metals — silver, gold, pewter, gunmetal, and bronze.
Palettes are the best route to getting a rounded supply of metal shadows to play with. I love Bobbi Brown’s Goldstone Long-Wear Palette. It has all you need for smokey metal eyes. For single metallic colors, check out Urban Decay, Illmasqua Pigments, or Laura Mercier Foiled Eyeshadows in VIP Silver orVIP Gold. Finish with liner of your choice, lots of mascara and move to step 4 — Lips.
4. Lips. Slather on the shimmer gloss. Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss, a high shine gloss with real 24-carat-gold flecks. This gloss creates a mirror-effect on the lips. Try Simply Golden, Golden Praline or Golden Amber. Or Carol’s Daughter Candy Paint natural treatment lipglosses in Bossy (bright bronze shimmer), Grown and Sexy (rose with gold shimmer) or Bronze Goddess (shimmering mahogany).
5. Body glow! Last but not least, keep the glow going. Try Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Body Gloss.
And don’t leave home without these… It’s Friday! Get Fierce!
Beauty, beauty blog, blinging beauty, bobbi brown eyeshadow, bobbi brown goldstone palette, carols daughter candy paint, carols daughter lip gloss, carols daughter lipgloss, comsmetics, duwop doubleglow 7, how to wear metallic eye makeup, laura mercier eyeshadow, laura mercier foiled, mac mineralize skinfinish blush, makeup looks, Makeup Products, metal makeup trend, metallic eyeshadow, metallic makeup, physicians forumla shimmer strips bronzer, smashbox artificial light, tracey brown, ysl golden lipgloss