In a sea of red lips, luscious-lipped Jennifer Hudson, at the ‘Project Runway’ New York Fashion Week Finale, was a fashionable stand-out with bold, bright orange lipstick. What better way to get fierce for Friday, than to rock a lip that gets all eyes on you.
You think that your lips are a bit too much for orange lipstick? Think again. It's all about attitude and confidence. Jennifer pairs her pair [lips] with neutral makeup—soft chocolate smoky eyes and a touch of complementing coral on the cheeks—and a side-swept fishtail pony.
While not as trendy as red lipstick, orange lipstick is a bold way to make a statement for your beauty foray into fall. So, be trendsetter, not a follower and try a beautiful bright orange lipstick for a change. The ideal way to ease into a new color is to try a budget-friendly version.
Compose this look by creating an skin tone with a powder foundation that will last you for the evening. Try Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder . Add a touch of color to your cheeks with Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Frisky. Create a soft smoky chocolate eye with a brown eyeshadows. Try Ilmasqua Illamasqua Generation Q Eye Palette in Empower.
See our picks for best orange lipsticks for your lips:
1. Too Faced La Crème in Juicy Melons $21
2. Lancome L'ABSOLU NU Replenishing & Enhancing Lipcolor Sweet Marmalade $29.50
3. Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense COLOR 40( satin bright orange) $19
4. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter inTutti Frutti $7.49
5. Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Muse $30
6. Jouer Sheer Lipstick SPF 15 St. Barths $22