Not to say that the edible gel version of cranberry sauce is particularly healthy, however, the nutrients from cranberries boast many benefits for internal health and external beauty.
Benefits of Cranberries for internal Health:
- Improves sight. Due to its antioxidant properties, cranberries help to protect sight. The flavonoids help to repair nervous cells in the retina, improving night vision and preventing glaucoma and cataracts.
- Improves blood circulation. Cranberries help to prevent cholesterol, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, arteriosclerosis and heart related problems.
- It has anti-cancerous properties. Cranberries are very rich in clorogenic acid, which has anti cancerous properties. The latest research shows that these small fruits help to inhibit the growth of cancerous cells, especially in the stomach, liver, colon and the skin.
- Effective in reducing cystitis.
- Prevents urinary track infections.
- Weight control. Low in calories with high water content.
Benefits of Cranberries in Skin Care:
- Helps rejuvenate the skin. Rich in caroteinoids, the pigments responsible for its color and antioxidant properties.
- Rich in Vitamin C. Helps with collagen production.
- Helps to delay aging skin.
Check out our Cranberry Inspired Editor's Picks:
Editor-in-Chief Tracey's Cranberry-Inspired Pick:
Arcona Cranberry Gommage $42
"Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Bordeaux is my perfect cranberry! This is a great party lip color when paired with a deep toned lip pencil. Or, for an on-the-go subtle pop for daytime, apply Bordeaux solo. It smells DELICIOUS and has that subtle Grown Woman bling to it. Give it a try!"
LA Beauty Newbie's Cranberry-Inspired Pick:
Zoya Nail Polish in Burke $8
"I've never been a fan of cranberry dressing, but cranberry the color? LOVE it. The dusty, delicious hue makes for a chic manicure. Zoya's Nail Polish in Burke is a gorgeous cranberry creme red that is pigmented, easy to apply and dries to a smooth, opaque finish. Best of all, it's organic and doesn't chip!"
Team 20/20 Writer Chelsea's Cranberry-Inspired Pick:
Burt's Bees Body Butter, Cranberry & Pomegranate $12.99
"My skin is ultra-dry. And now that it's winter, I have to use extra emollient body lotions to keep it moisturized. My skin is deep brown, and a hint of "ash" is just not cute. Burt's Bees Cranberry & Pomegranate Body Butter not only smells good enough to eat, but it leaves my skin smooth and soft. And BTW—I love that jelled cranberry sauce out of the can. Yum."
Editor R'Chelle's Cranberry-Inspired Pick:
Lancome L'Abslou Rouge in Berry Noir $29
"The L'ABSLOU ROUGE line by Lancome Paris is moisturizing and long lasting. I was able to make it through lunch and a full 6 hours without needing to touch up the color! Berry Noir is the perfect cranberry red and very fitting for the holiday season. Although the price point may a bit high, the benefits and stunning color are well worth the price."
Intern Ashley's Cranberry-Inspired Pick:
Bobbi Brown Cranberry Blush $15
"I've haven't had the chance to try any Bobbi Brown products, but this cranberry blush by Bobbi Brown would definitely be one that I have to try. The color is simply gorgeous and i'm sure that it would look beautiful on my skin."
Intern Jill's Cranberry-Inspired Pick:
M.A.C Eyeshadow in Cranberry $15
"I love M.A.C eyeshadows! M.A.C Cranberry eyeshadow isn't too red, has a slight sheen and looks hot on brown skin. Add liner and a few coats of mascara, and it's like the icing on the cake."
Bonus pick: Body Shop Cranberry Joy Soap $5