Celebrity makeup artist for Laura Mercier, Pati Dubroff, created a sultry makeup look to complement the jewel tones of Priyanka Chopra’s gown for the 2016 InStyle Awards. Dubroff shared, “I wanted her look to be deep and vampy, with hints of teal and a bold lip.”
Photos courtesy of Zimbio.com
- To prep Priyanka’s skin for the evening, Dubroff massaged Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($36) into the center of her face.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation ($48) in a combination of two shades, Chai and Suntan, with a wet sponge to give her complexion a dewy glow. Dubroff noted, “Priyanka’s skin is already perfect, so the skin prep process was very minimal.”
- To offset the emerald color of Priyanka’s dress, Dubroff used her fingers to apply wine and plum shades from the e.l.f Cream Blush Palette – Bold ($6) high on Priyanka’s cheekbones and into the brow area to define and contour her face.
- To highlight Priyanka’s complexion, Dubroff swiped Laura Mercier Candleglow Concealer and Highlighter in Shade 3 ($32) under Priyanka’s eyes and along the top of her cheekbones, giving her a lit from within glow.
- To create Priyanka’s sultry and deep eye look, Dubroff began by lining the last quarter of the lash line with Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Canard ($25), accentuating the teal colors in Priyanka’s dress. Dubroff noted, “the little flash of teal at the outer corner is a pleasant surprise that you may miss at first glance, but when you see it, it’s really striking.”
- Dubroff shared that she “wanted the eyeliner to be the star of the look,” so she left Priyanka’s eye lids bare and applied a soft layer of Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($25) to the lower lash line to contour the under-eye area.
- In creating Priyanka’s signature bold brows, Dubroff applied Laura Mercier Brow Powder Duo in Auburn ($26) and set them with Laura Mercier Brow Gel ($22) to ensure the color would last throughout the night.
- For maximum drama, Dubroff applied several coats of Laura Mercier Extra Lash Sculpting Mascara in Black Onyx ($26). To complete Priyanka’s eye look, Dubroff applied Violet Voss The Fair Glitter ($9) along her eye line to make her eyes pop.
- Dubroff wanted Priyanka’s lips to match the gorgeous aubergine color of her cheeks to complete the look. To achieve this, she first swiped one coat of Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Cocoa Cocoa Pout ($28), followed by a final coat of Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Voyeur ($28), giving her lips a dark, seductive hue.