GET THE LOOK: Inspired by Jessica Alba’s goddess-like golden lace dress by Diane von Fürstenberg, celebrity hairstylist Davy Newkirk styled her hair into a modern updo reminiscent of 50s glamour for the 2014 Met GALA in New York City.
INSPIRATION: Ethereal 50s-inspired updo
- First, Newkirk applied a good amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse throughout Jessica’s wet hair to shape her waves.
- Then, he used a large round brush and hairdryer to provide some structure.
- Newkirk gave Jessica an extreme side part and started working his way around her head, curling small sections with a ¾-inch barrel iron. Then he let the curls set and cool for a few minutes.
- Next, he brushed out the curls with a flat brush and applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Crème for a smooth and shiny texture. He started rolling up sections from ear to ear, along the bottom edge of her hairline, and securing with bobby pins.
- Lastly, he sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to lock the style in place.