It's spring, and time to lose the heavy dark eyeliner. Lighten up and brighten up. With the floral trend in fashion, it's easy to choose a pretty eyeliner color to compliment not only your wardrobe, but your eye color. I am particularly smitten with brighter blues and greens for spring, like teal, turquoise and seafoam green. Look how gorgeous Thandie Newton is with eyes lined under and on top with a fresh teal eyeliner.
You don't have to run out and spend a fortune on a new eyeliner though. You can find great liners in a variety of formulas at your local drugstore or beauty supply. Here are my top 5 eyeliners that I think are ideal choices fresh spring alternatives. If you just can't quit using your black eyeliner, consider layering your brighter over your black, that will give you an updated take on black eyeliner.
1. L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Teal $12
2. Revlon ColorStay for Eyes in Teal $7.49
3. Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner in Turquoise $2.99
4. Jordana Eyeliner in Evergreen $.99
5. Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in Teal $7