As a makeup artist, I have invested in high quality brushes over the years. Some of my first brushes I bought at art supply stores, then chiseled and cut them in to the ideal shapes. Over the years companies that cater to makeup artists took notice and now there is brush for every single thing you can think about doing with makeup. Liner brushes, crease brushes, blending brushes, brow brushes, powder brushes, blush brushes, fluff brushes, fan brushes, kabuki brushes, foundation brushes, concealer brushes….And then there are all the types of hair — squirrel, goat, sable, pony and synthetic.
Synthetic brushes are preferred for creamier products such as foundation and concealer. But they have become favorites of those who are against animal cruelty as well. By chance one day I picked up a foundation brush in Walgreens by EcoTools for $7.99, and it worked just as well as ones I had paid $30 and up for. So I have since that time checked out other brushes by Eco Tools, and I love them. Here’s the scoop on their brushes:
Eye Makeover On-The-Go $7.99 at drugstore.com
- Soft, cruelty-free bristles
- Natural & recycled materials
- Convenient travel case
- Large Eye Brush – Apply and blend shadows.
- Angled Crease Brush – Softly apply color to crease for definition.
- Petite Eye Shading Brush – Use with deeper or accent colors for a bold look.
- Highlighting Brush – Perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corners of the eye.
- Smudge Brush – Smudge shadow and liner along lash line for a smoky look.
- Cosmetic Case with Mirror – Conveniently store brushes.
This earth-friendly set shows respect for the planet:
- Highly sustainable bamboo handles.
- 100% cruelty-free, soft taklon bristles.
- Recycled aluminum ferrules.
- Natural cotton and hemp cosmetic case
- Reusable storage pouch
EcoTools™ has joined with 1% For the Planet® to donate 1% of sales to environmental organizations that create a healthier place to live.
The 5 piece brush set is also a great value at $10.99
I have used these brushes on myself and clients (I have clients who insist on 100% green products) and am completely satisfied with their performance.
I give them 5 Blings! [flash http://blingingbeauty.com/5teeth.swf w=100 h=50]