The smoky eye is here to stay. No longer a trend, but a classic eye makeup look that keeps reinventing itself. The traditional smoky eye with shades of black, grey, silver, pewter and gun metal is still hot, but with metallic touches.
At Fall Fashion Week 2011, smoky eyes abounded on the runway. From Diane von Furstenberg to Emilio Pucci, catwalk queens sent up smoke signals. Chanel Iman, Joan Smalls and Arlenis Sosa smoldered with dark eyes that you can easily recreate.
No need to pay for designer eyeshadow palettes though—your local drugstore has eyeshadow duos, trios and quads of smoky eye palettes under $10.
1. Rimmel Glam' Eyes Quad Eye Shadow Palette, Smokey Noir 001 $5.42
2. NYX 3 Color Eyeshadow, White/Grey/Black TS01 $6
3. Milani Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows, Backstage Basics 04 $6.99
4. Black Radiance Eye Shadow Quartet, Smoke Signals $4.99
5. Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Trio, Don't Steal My Thunder $2.99
Get the look: