Get gorgeous locks for your big day with the right hair tips, products and styling from:
Zahir Ziani, the National Creative Director at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa & Salon
- Stay on trend – A chic braid continues to be a huge trend, and we see that with new brides the desire for exoticism and originality, but with great sophistication.
- Products are essential – Dry shampoo is a must-have to avoid heavy and oily hair. It will help you keep the volume and texture that you had during the winter.
- What’s hot on the runways –Elegance and romanticism like Grace Kelly. Volume is a new take on this trend for a more dramatic look.
Secret hairstyling tips to follow:
· Choose a professional hairstylist for the big day, and take the last appointment so you can maximize your time
· Do your research – bring along hairstyle pictures so your stylist can emulate your inspiration
· Let your hairstylist guide you based off of your personality
· Choose a hairstyle according to the shape of your face
· Your hairstyle must fit your outfit, not vise versa
· Test your hairstyle
· Choose a wedding dress before your hair trial
· Wash your hair the night before, not the day of
Get a glowing canvas with tips and trends from Red Door Spa Makeup Artist, David Sokolsky:
- Stay on trend – Summer 2012 brings bridal makeup trends including soft and smoky earth tones (taupe, mauve, caramel, gray and brown) for eyes. Play up cheeks with peaches and soft rose tones with a touch of shimmer. Lashes are in, false eyelashes are great but make sure they are the right length and style
- Trends are different this season – Makeup is much lighter this season. Brides are going for the feel and look of weight-less makeup, no heavy foundations and/or powders
- Beat the heat – Make makeup last by exfoliating skin prior to the big day. Use a primer for both your face and eyes to make colors last and keep from fading. Use water-proof mascara and eyeliner. Try a lip stain for long-lasting lipstick
- What’s hot on the red carpet transitions to the aisle – Flawless, polished skin, with a touch of bronzer and a hint of shimmer is the way to go
Secret makeup tips to follow:
· Take care of your skin
· Don’t try to look like somebody else
· Be yourself!
· Get a professional makeup artist for you wedding who you can trust for a worry-free day
Learn more about Red Door Spa’s salon and makeup services here: www.reddoorspas.com