Finding a great eye shadow in the drugstore that is versatile can be hard to find. However, since I discovered the Milani brand, I believe I've found a good bargain. Milani's Blue My Mind at first didn't blow my mind and then I realized I could use it wet… and the party began. Great for day wear as a crease color or for evening as the lid color Blue My Mind certainly does the trick.
Captivating eyeshadow powder that features multiple infusions of colors baked on Italian terracotta tiles. Metallic eyeshadows contain richly refined color intense metallic pigments. All of these gorgeous combinations are designed to be used Wet or Dry.
- Packaging is good in that it protects the shadow but in terms of storage it takes up a little more room than I prefer (canididate to be depotted)
- Can be used wet or dry always a fan of versatility and options when it comes to makeup
- Smooth Application
- Packaging could be smaller, the included brush is a waste of space.
Pro: Beautiful color used wet or with primer
Con: Primer must be used to get ultimate color payoff, the color creases otherwise and is washed out.
Buy again: Emergency only
Packaging: 3 Blings
Overall: 3 1/2 Blinging
Quick Tutorial for Milani Blue My Mind Baked Metallic Eyeshadow
1. Use NYX Jumbo Pencil in Purple as a base on the lid of your eye
2. Using a eye shadow brush pack on Milani Blue My Mind Eyeshadow and pat it on till you achieve your level of depth and brightness
3. To the Crease of your lid add a bronze shade ( I used Black Opal Hana's Pot of Gold Bronze color)
4. To the corner of your eyes and brow bone use a highlighter color to add light and open your eyes up (the diamond color shade)
5. Using Selma Hayak Black eyeliner pencil or any black eyeliner pencil line your lids (upper only)
6. Add Mascara (2 coats)
7. Don't forget those brows!
8. Wipe under your eyes ( there will be a little fall out)
9. Add your favorite concealer ( Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer)
10. Finish off your foundation routine ( Fashion Fair cream to powder stick foundation)
11. Add a flesh tone blush ( Nars Taos)
12. Add your fave nude or pink flesh tone lipstick or gloss and voila you're done ( Covergirl Rush and Mac Gloss Clear)