A baby shower is a great time for a family to celebrate the impending arrival of a little one! There are so many options out there of what can make a great shower – but here are a few tips to get off to a good start:
1. Know the mom well. Have a party that is just her speed. Whether it is classic with flowers and centerpieces or a simple gathering with snacks like Eleni’s New York cookies and fresh fruit, make sure the party is for that mom (or the couple).
Having a shower for the couple (or a co-ed shower) has grown in popularity. And it lets both of the expecting parents enjoy the merriment, just be clear in the invitation whether this is “Girls Only, No Boys Allowed” or not.
For adoptive couples, having a shower after the baby is home is also growing in popularity (sometimes also called a “Meet the Baby Party.”) It’s such a great way for all parents to have their special moment. Treat this just like a delayed shower and just make a few adjustments.
2. Planning a shower with a theme can be fun, but having just the right theme might be hard to pick. So go for colors. Pick two or three colors and let that carry throughout the entire shower. From invitations to decor and sweets, to thank yous and birth announcements. Tiny Prints has a great selection of adorable stationery to choose from.
3. Plan for the shower to happen between 30 and 34 weeks of the pregnancy. That way if something needs to be returned/exchanged or additional items need to be acquired there is still some time to do that. It’s always best to be as completely prepared as possible by week 36 in case someone decides to make an early entrance. Plus, who really wants to spend the last 3 or 4 weeks of pregnancy running around? It’s the time to soak in life and do those things that you might not want to do for the first few months of life with a little one.
4. Set up a registry well in advance of the shower with the gift givers and baby shower guest list in mind. Getting to mom’s local store might be a challenge so registering with an online retailer like Diapers.com makes it easy for everyone. They’re a great resource for mom, and gifts will ship directly to her.
When registering, you should also select items that are appropriate for ages up to 18 months. Everyone thinks about items for newborns, but this can be greatly helpful to be prepared with items for your baby as he or she grows. A BABYBJÖRN baby carrier for 3+ months is a great gift that can be used for months!
If the family is not planning a shower for logistical, religious or other reasons, always ask if they have registered so that a gift that they might really need can be purchased.
5. Now, on to the gifts! Don't forget something that she can take home the day of the shower and use immediately. Mustela Stretch Marks Double Action to the rescue! Using it to prevent stretch marks from the beginning of pregnancy is ideal, but it’s also important to continue to use it post-birth to support “bouncing back.”
Mustela makes a great gift for the new baby, which is also the perfect shower gift – the essential Newborn Set has everything one needs for those early weeks. Even if someone hasn't registered for it, go ahead and get it for them – they'll be grateful!
Tweet us with your suggestions/ feedback! #ShowerMeWithMustela #Blingingbeauty
Mustela® prides itself as being the skincare expert for babies and mothers-to-be. For this reason, Mustela® offers effective, easy-to-use products of the highest quality, designed to meet the specific needs of newborns, babies, children and expectant and new mothers. Mustela® has a simple and effective answer to each condition.
Mustela is the leading cosmetic brand in the European pharmaceutical market for baby products. Mustela owes this success to the esteem in which it is held by consumers and its partners: pharmacists and healthcare professionals. In France, Mustela products are present in 90% of all pharmacies and used in more than 50% of maternity units for the care of newborn.
About Jennifer Link
Jennifer Link is the founder of Sweet Pea Baby Planners New York. Jennifer’s experience and passion for supporting parents, came to fruition after years of dedicating herself to working in marketing and business development within major media and music companies. She started working as a baby planner when she realized that she could share her knowledge and experience as an expecting mom and also as a parent with others – and help her clients enjoy the process while she made sure they were prepared.