I have to admit it, I love Rihanna’s bold makeup statements. The red cat eye at the 2009 AMA’s was HOT! I think that this could absolutely be a wearable look for the everyday woman. With a little tweaking that is. I love Rihanna’s look with blue eyeliner, but this red cat eye is fierce.
For Rihanna’s look:
1. Complete coverage foundation. I would suggest Smashbox High Definition Liquid Foundation — It’s made for a perfect photo finish.
2. Conceal, conceal conceal. Smashbox High Definition Liquid Concealer covers a multitude of sins.
3. Fill in brows with a medium to light brown so as not to take attention away from eye makeup.
4. Use Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Palette in Red Iron
Use light shimmery color on entire lid, up to brow bone.
Sculpt crease with dark brown.
Using a stiff slant brush, line under the eyes with the red, winging it up to upper eye lid.
Line upper lid from mid-lid to meet lower line at corner of eye.
5. Apply a long-last liquid liner in black in a thin line on upper lid. Try Kat Von D Tattoo Eye Liner in Black.
Liner inner rim with Urban Decay Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye pencil in Zero (Black)
6. False Lashes. I love Rihana’s lashes in this red carpet look. Complete drama going in on the lash department.
Check out Shu Uemura or Make Up For Ever for extreme faux lashes.
7. Bronze blush. NARS Lovejoy fills this bill.
8. Nude lips.
Go ahead, try it out. Tweak the Red Cat Eye look and rock it.
I give Rihanna 5 Blings on this look.
[flash http://blingingbeauty.com/5teeth.swf w=100 h=50]