Award-winning beauty and wellness brand Nubian Heritage continues to take the lead on utilizing indigenous ingredients in culturally authentic ways with its new Patchouli & Buriti collection. Including newly designed packaging, each product contains Patchouli, an essential oil known for its aromatherapeutic benefits for oily and maturing skin, and Buriti oil, a prized Amazonian beauty secret high in Beta-Carotene, Vitamin E, and Palmitic, Linoleic and Arachidic Acids. The collection is formulated to aid in stimulating skin’s natural collagen production and intensely moisturize, while soothing and uplifting the senses.
Nubian Heritage drew upon the traditional and historical use of key ingredients to create the Patchouli & Buriti collection. Legendary explorer Baron von Humboldt called the buriti palm “the tree of life.” Found in the wetlands and swamp forests of the Amazon and Northern South America, the palm is majestic and stands out among the trees that surround it. When ground and pressed, buriti fruit yields beautiful golden orange oil, and has been used for over a century in South America to soften rough, dry skin, and help calm redness and irritation.
The Patchouli & Buriti collection includes:
- Bar Soap – Formulated with a unique blend of Buriti oil, moisturizing Shea Butter and nutrient-rich Rose Hip Seed Oil, this sulfate-free bar soap cleanses and softens skin. (SRP: $4.99)
- Body Wash – This gentle, naturally fragrant wash hydrates and calms the skin due to its vitamin and mineral-rich ingredients. (SRP: $11.99)
- Body Cleansing Smoothie – A lavish, cream cleanser that leaves skin silky and glowing. (SRP: $12.99)
- Bath Bomb – This luxurious spa bath essential hydrates and lightly exfoliates, for moisturized and refreshed skin. (SRP: $14.99)
- Body Lotion – Created with aromatic Patchouli oil and antioxidant-rich Buriti oil, this sweet and spicy moisturizer supports skin health, while promoting a more youthful appearance. (SRP: $11.99)
- Body Soufflé – Indulge in this thick, buttery body cream that renews skin. (SRP: $12.99)
- Hand Cream – A luxurious, nutrient-dense treatment that softens and restores hands and cuticles, with Patchouli oil, Buriti oil, certified organic Shea Butter, Rose Hip Seed Oil and Vitamin E. (SRP: $9.99)
The Patchouli & Buriti collection is cruelty-free, and doesn’t contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates, paraffin, mineral oil, petroleum, DEA, synthetic fragrance or artificial coloring. Certified organic shea butter in the products is a sourced from 13 co-ops in Northern Ghana to support women-led businesses through Nubian Heritage’s purpose-driven Community Commerce business model.
The Patchouli & Buriti collection is available at ULTA stores nationwide and online at ULTA.com. For more information, please visit NubianHeritage.com.
About Nubian Heritage: Nubian Heritage is the brainchild of two Harlem street vendors. In 1991, fresh out of college and without jobs, Richelieu Dennis and Nyema Tubman set out to bring the healing traditions of African Black Soap and Shea Butter to the community they loved. Guided by the legacy of ancient Nubia, the world’s first melting pot, Nubian Heritage brings together traditional healing practices, cultural wisdom and indigenous ingredients, remixes them and creates modern wellness solutions for skin and hair. The brand’s mission is to make cultural exchange the model for transforming the global community.